Happy New Year.
The Chinese Year of the Earth Pig started 4 February. This is based on the solar year, which begins every 4 February – separate from the traditional Chinese New Year celebration based on the lunar year.
Each year, certain patterns of energy have considerable influence over us all. It’s helpful to know them in advance so you can recognise them when they show up.
The Chinese system is based on the 5 Elements: wood, fire, earth, metal and water. These elements represent complex energies in the simpler language of nature so they’re easier to understand. Everything in the material world can be described in terms of these elements.
The energies of each year are characterized by a set of these elements. For the year of the Earth Pig, they’re earth, water and wood. Earth can be represented as sand and soil, water as ocean, and wood as plants and trees, so you can envision the combination – the signature energy of an Earth Pig year – as a tropical island.
That’s good news. It’s a year with plenty of opportunity for enjoyment, celebration and abundance.
Last year, the year of the Earth Dog, was a hard one. The Earth Dog likes to uncover all the dirty secrets and shadows and is particularly thorough. At times last year you may have felt as though everything was moving incredibly slowly – like a long test you could never quite finish or pass.
This year will be different. The Earth Pig represents new life and new consciousness. She’s generous, honest, merciful, optimistic, friendly, and family-oriented. She likes to work, is a money magnet, and appreciates art and all the good things in life. On the negative side, she’s naïve, gullible, clumsy, and accident-prone. She can also have a hot temper, but she doesn’t hold a grudge.
We’ve also just finished 5 years with no water energy. The water element of the Earth Pig brings a significant change in the way things move. Because the water influence is so strong, it’s very important to go with the flow. The water will take you to your tropical island, your paradise, but only if you don’t resist it. The water also brings in wisdom that has been missing for the last few years.
So expect a year of abundance and consciousness. It’s a very social year as well, offering lots of fun and joy and, thanks again to the water element, more travel and movement.
The Earth Pig is adaptable, curious, flexible and constantly exploring new things, so this is also a good year for innovation. He works hard and well, so he’s very productive.
Things will move quickly this year, so balance is extremely important. This means balance in all aspects of life – personal and public, yin and yang, work and pleasure, etc.
TRENDS THIS YEAR
The personal theme this year is replacing self blame with self acceptance, and self pity with embracing all aspects of yourself. It’s a year to allow yourself to be you and to enjoy being you. There’s a chance to experience unconditional love if you can really allow yourself to be yourself.
Hot topics for the year
Augmented reality, artificial intelligence, blockchain, food, distribution of goods, transport, connectivity, tourism, travel, psychology, education, children, oceans, plastic, pollution, weather, sustainability, ecology, stock markets, banking system healthcare, Big Pharma, NGOs, charities, the feminine, sexuality, tantra, pornography, sex exploitation, addiction, guruism, immigration.
- Metal Industries are going through major changes (again):
Banking/Financial/Accounting, Tech Industry, Government Offices, Architect offices, etc.
- Water Industries are blossoming:
Cleaning Services, Temp/Recruitment Agencies, Healing Businesses, Beauty Industry, etc.
- Wood Industries are doing well if using an innovative approach: Education, Day Care, Floral Business, Clothing, Travel Agencies, Publishing Industry, etc.
- Earth Industries are not stable:
Construction, Hospitality, Real Estate Development, Agriculture-related, etc.
- Fire industries are going through transformation:
Creative Studios, Restaurants, Cafes, Retail, Sports-related, Spirituality, Religion, etc.
Health – what to watch out for
- Food Poisoning
- Infectious Diseases, Viruses, Epidemics
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Emotional Issues
- Stomach, Spleen, Glands, Kidneys, Ears, Joints
- Cold and Freezing
- Tsunamis and Hurricanes
- Water Contamination
- Water Supply Issues
- Major Agricultural Issues – Diseases, Transportation, Damage
- Chemical Poisoning, Gas Poisoning, Gas Explosions
Patterns in the year
- In May and November the energies are most tense
- February, March and July are most pleasant
- The second half of the year is less stable than the first
- Lots of weddings and celebrations
- Good year for Dragons and Rabbits
- Challenging year for Foxes and Roosters
- Lots of sexual energy, with a higher rate of adultery
- Prosperous Year For Rat, Horse, and Monkey
- Challenging Year For Snake, Ox, and Dog
If your Personal element is…
- Wood – studying, focusing on health
- Fire – exploring power, dealing with limitations
- Metal – a very creative year
- Water – networking, connecting, reputation
- Earth – money, wealth, abundance
If you want more detail on any of this, please watch this webinar.
If you’d like to book a personal consultation with Aleksandra Dorann, who’s my source for all this information, here’s her website: aleksandradorann.com
If you want to know what your personal element is, check out the Ba Zi calculator at Dragon Gate.
f you want to make the most of the energy of this year, have a look at our retreats and online courses in The Consciousness of Money.